We are embarking on a month long trip to Thailand in January and are basing ourselves around Krabi, Phang Nga and Takua Pa. Leg two of the trip sees us visiting Krabi and I can’t wait. We briefly stopped at Railay Beach West several years ago on a Phang Nga Bay Tour and saw the incredible lime stone cliffs. However it was over too quickly and now I have a whole list of the top sights to see in Krabi when we return.
* This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link & purchase something I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Commissions help fund my work, find out more in the Affiliate link in the header. *
Where to Stay In Krabi?
With so many beach hotel options available it was beginning to be a little overwhelming. Then Mr C stumbled upon something slightly different but still in the main area. A hotel which not only has an infinity pool with the dramatic limestone cliffs as the backdrop, but wooden cottages built around a lagoon! Where is this? Ban Sainai Resort just up the hill from Ao Nang Beach. I cannot wait to stay here and will write a review of our experience staying in one of the lagoon bungalows.
My Map of the Top Sights To See In Krabi
What Do My Top Sights To See In Krabi Include?
- Phra Nang Beach
- Princess Cave
- Emerald Lagoon near Phra Nang Beach
- Tiger Cave Temple
- Shell Cemetery (Aka Susan Hoi) – check the tide times, it could be under water
- The two famous Mountain Gateways (Khao Khanab nam mountains) & nearby mangroves
- Find the reclining buddha at Wat Sao Thai
- Din Daeng Doi Viewpoint overlooking the Dragon Crest Hiking Trail (I doubt we will fancy the hike to be honest, it’s ever so hot out there!)
- Khao Khanap Cave
- Tonsai beach
- Visit the Old West bar in Krabi Town
- One of the many national parks
- Monkey Beach
- Bamboo Island snorkelling
- Krabi Elephant Sanctuary
- Eat at the Mountain View Restaurant near Din Daeng Doi – it looks super cute situated between two mountains.
- Check out the ‘separated sea’ at Thale Waek) if the moon cycle is right when we are there. Can walk to another island at low tide
- Find the cliff cafe at C’more Mount Bar – instagrammable place with mountain views.
- Visit Koh Klang a small cute island 25 mins by boat
- Railay Viewpoint
- Diamond Cave ( I have now located this!)
- Silanto Beach
- ‘Big Beach’, a fishing village with lots of little boats
- Mirror Lake/Crystal Lake (Nong Thale) – They are 2 amazing looking lakes!
- The Hilltop Restaurant near our hotel (ish)
- Night Markets
- Try & find Bamboo Restaurant on Jrabi-Koathong Road – looks amazing – found it!
- Sunrise/sunset metal block artwork on Ao Nang beach cliff
- Definitely the Monkey Trail Walk
Do I have Time To Visit all of the Top Sights to see In Krabi?
We are here for five nights in total and as long as we can hire a scooter reasonably quickly I am confident we can get to see most of the top sights to see in Krabi. Thankfully the last two weeks of our trip will be spent at beach resorts as we will probably in need of a holiday after the busy schedule I have planned for the first two!
I’ll update you all on my trip as I go along, look out for more trop sights to see in Krabi as I come across them! Watch this space!