If you are visiting this beautiful area and only have one day in Phuket you do not want to waste a moment! What are the best sights in Phuket if you only have a short amount of time? Whether you are interested in the nicest beaches, boat trips, temples or mooching around a town, Phuket has it all. What is even better is that you can achieve so much with only one day in Phuket. Here are my suggestions to make your short time on Phuket Island memorable:
Beach Hop On a Phuket Longtail Boat
If you could only pick one day trip in Phuket and you are a beach lover then look no further than the longtail boats. Dotted around every beach they can take you on the beach beach hopping trip all in one day on Phuket Island. This is Merlin beach, we loved the little family run restaurant on the side of the hill. There were massage ladies and drinks sellers on the beach too. You can make your precious one day in to your very own private boat tour!
Big Buddha Temple
I do not suggest you walk up the hill this stunning temple is set on as it is super high and goes on forever! Hoever the views are amazing from here and you can see all around Phuket Island for miles. If you only have a short amount of time in Phuket then make coming up this hill a priority. Ladies, you will need to cover your shoulders and knees to enter even the temple grounds.
The very famous and more traditional temple Wat Chalong can be found nearer to Phuket Old Town and is very easy to get to. Beware of the fire crackers in what look like giant beehives, they made me jump out of my skin! These selection of temples are so pretty with their white wall adorned with gold and red coloured tiles. For more information about this beautiful temple visit the Wat Chalong Website.
Banglor Road Walking Street
At the other end of the culture spectrum, no Phuket one day tour would be complete without a visit to the famous Banglor Road. Busy, a bit crazy but perfectly safe there is something to amuse everyone here. We set ourselves up at a bar overlooking the road and people watched for hours!
Phuket is fairly hilly and when visiting for one day it is very easy to tick off a couple of viewpoints. There is a famous hill which overlooks Karon and Kata bays which stretch out before you.
Take a Cookery Class
If you love eating Thai food why not learn how to cook it? Discovering what ingredients go in to your favourite Thai green curry or Pad Thai is fascinating. Getting to eat it at the end will make the effort totally worthwhile. So if you can squeeze it in, not only will you get a good experience, you get fed too! I loved cooking my cashew nut rice and red curry, it was simply delicious.
If you Have More Than One Day In Phuket
Where To Stay In Phuket?
We stayed here at the Marriott Merlin Beach. The location was perfect for getting to all the above attractions.
More Exciting Places To Visit
- Khao Lak’s River RestaurantLooking for a different lunch setting? Try one of Khao Lak’s river restaurants where you sit literally in a river, with excellent food.
- Krabis Tiger Temple ViewpointWhen visiting Krabi you must climb the 1267 steps to the Tiger Cave Temple Viewpoint. Hard but worth every footstep. Read more..
- Koh Lantas Best RestaurantKoh Lantas Best Restaurant was a tricky one to choose. Here are my choices for where to get the best meals on the island.
- Chinese New Year In Phuket Old TownThis town is pretty on a daily basis, however seeing it lit up with lanterns for Chinese New Year was something else!
- Blondie Abroad PrintsPurchase Blondie Abroad prints from my travels around the globe at great prices from my Picfair Store.
- Top Beautiful Thailand IslandsThailand is famous for many reasons, its islands are just one example of its beauty. Most people will instantly think of Koh Samui or Phuket, however there are so many other stunning places to visit. Here are my suggestions of the top beautiful Thailand islands